Do you know who has filed for bankruptcy?
Every year, a million Americans file for bankruptcy protection and a fresh start. Lots of famous people have filed over the course of our history. Here are a few that might surprise you.
- The famous rodeo performer, Buffalo Bill, filed in 1913.
- Famous singer Eddie Fisher filed in 1972.
- Walt Disney, who turned cartoons into an empire, filed in 1923
- Ulysses S. Grant, former general and U.S. president, filed in 1884.
- Former president Abraham Lincoln filed in 1833.
- Country singer Tammy Wynette filed in 1988.
- Famous American author Mark Twain filed in 1894.
- Boxing champion Leon Spinks filed in 1986.
- Larry King, former CNN host, filed in 1971.
- The former governor of Texas, John Connally, filed in 1987.
- Wayne Newton, known as Mr. Las Vegas, filed in 1992.
- P.T. Barnum, creator of The Greatest Show on Earth, filed in1871.
- Henry John Heinz, the condiment king, filed in 1873.
- Henry Ford’s first company filed for bankruptcy in 1903.
Bankruptcy is a straightforward, honest way to deal with overwhelming debt. The attorneys at Bond & Botes bankruptcy law firm have been guiding people in Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama through the process for more than 20 years.
Call 1-877-ONE-DEBT and ask how you can get a fresh start through bankruptcy.
You will have a FREE initial consultation with a compassionate and knowledgeable lawyer. At our law firm, you will find the personal and caring help you need and deserve as you deal with your financial problems.