Security clearance issues, it seems, are in the news just about every day as of late. The news covers a lot of areas.
- Security Clearance Process in the News at the Highest Level
- Do you have to complete the SF 86 in its entirety to be given Security Clearance that allows access to classified material?
- Security Clearance Applications (SF 86) – Full and Complete Disclosure is Required!
It was reported in USA Today that 4.2 million people in our country hold security clearances.Obviously, holding a clearance is necessary for many government and contractor jobs and all military service jobs. People who hold clearances need to do everything in their power to make sure the respective clearance does not fall into jeopardy. I have written previously about the various areas that can give the government concerns about someone who holds a security clearance from financial issues to drug and alcohol concerns to foreign influence and preference.
- Can You Lose Security Clearance Trying to Get Help for Alcohol or Drug Addiction?
- Security Clearance and Past Illegal Drug Usage – What Can You Do?
- Security Clearance Concerns Regarding Foreign Influence and Preference
If you need assistance with any aspect of a security clearance concern from answering specific, concerning questions on a SF 86 form or if you are facing a DOHA hearing to revoke your clearance, please feel free to contact me to see if I can be of assistance to you.
Ron Sykstus is a Managing Partner of several of the Bond & Botes Law Offices throughout Alabama. He holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Arizona, Tucson, and a Juris Doctorate from the Northern Illinois University College of Law. Ron has served in numerous positions throughout the U.S. Army and now utilizes his expertise in the areas of VA issues, security clearances, military law, and bankruptcy to assist his clients when they need it most. Read his full bio here.