Thanksgiving is a time to spend with family, have delicious food, hunting for deer and watching football in the south. We have so many things to be thankful for this year and we hope you and your family’s Thanksgiving is filled with lots of love and fun memories this year.
Thanksgiving is also the trigger for holiday shopping across the country. As you prepare for this week’s Black Friday, please keep these tips in mind so January is not filled with a shopper’s hangover!
- Research your local ads for discounts and coupons. Know the store hours of each place you plan to shop and have a plan.
- Make a budget and stick to it. You may consider bringing cash so the temptation of exceeding your budget won’t be so easy.
- Shop safely. Be mindful of where you are, secure your purse (especially if shopping with cash) and the items purchased.
- Avoid the crowds and shop on-line.
- Always check for price matching. Many times you may find a deal in a local store on name brands that will be the same on line.
- Avoid the top stores and shop smaller stores that also will have good Black Friday deals.
- Most importantly, remember to have a good holiday spirit as you fight the crowds!
Please remember if your Black Friday shopping puts you in a bind, please call one of our Bond & Botes offices for a free consultation.
From all of us at Bond & Botes, we wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving