IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS: Please remember that we will need these important documents to prepare your petition and make it ready to be filed with the bankruptcy court. For security reasons, we strongly suggest that they be uploaded directly into your secure Clio Connect client portal. Please keep in mind that pictures of documents are NOT acceptable.
- A Copy of Your Driver’s License and Social Security Card (if it hasn’t been provided already).
- Copies of your last two federal tax returns or tax transcripts (for both spouses if filing jointly) (W-2’s are not sufficient).
- The year, make, model, current mileage and VIN for ANY vehicles that are titled in your name (including vehicles that are paid for, inoperable and co-signed) (if you have a co-signer on a vehicle we need their name and address).
- Copies of all paystubs and evidence of any other income (social security, retirement benefits, food stamps, etc.) received during the six (6) month period prior to the filing of your case (for both spouses even if NOT filing jointly).
To keep your case moving forward, here are some instructions for how to send documents or photos to our office securely with your phone.
Based on the type of smartphone you have, see the videos below for instructions for converting your pictures into secure PDF’s. Once converted, you can upload them to your Clio Connect account. By following these steps, your information will remain secure and will be delivered only to our attorneys and staff assigned to your case.
How to Convert Documents and Pictures to a PDF
If you have an iPhone follow these:
– Written Instructions: https://readdle.com/pdfconverter/how-to-convert-documents
– Video Instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKaeSic8llU
If you have an Android follow these:
– Video Instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_olWftSgIM
– Written Instructions: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/07/06/create-convert-pdf-phone-camera-android-free/